|Date and Store||Price|
|May 23, 2020 at B&H Photo Video||$318.99|
|May 23, 2020 at Amazon||$319|
Google Pixel 3a XL (64GB, Unlocked) Model GA0066
Google's Pixel 3a XL occupies a unique place in the market. It came out in mid 2019, and was positioned below the then-flagship Pixel 3.
The sacrifices vs. the Pixel 3 were smart- 1080p OLED (instead of 1440p), polycarbonate body instead of glass, and Snapdragon 670 CPU instead of the 855. So from a distance, it looks a lot like the Pixel 3, but it doesn't have the same guts.
However, they did retain the excellent rear camera from the Pixel 3, and the Night Site low-light photography mode.
It originally was sold for $479, but prices have dropped and should continue to drop, as the Pixel 4a is expected in July or 2020 and should be in the $350-$400 range.
Note that there is not expected to be an "XL" version of the 4a.
- Display: 6 inches, 2160 x 1080
- Dragontrail Glass
- Size and Weight: 6.3 x 3.0 x 0.3 inches, 167g
- Battery: 3,700mAh
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 64GB
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 670: 2.0GHz + 1.7GHz, Adreno 615 Graphics
- Rear camera: 12.2-megapixel with optical + electronic image stabilization; f/1.8 aperture
- Front camera: 8-megapixel with f/2.0 aperture, 84-degree field of view